Monday, September 14, 2015

Textures Backgrounds and Acrylic Inks

Hi!!!
I can't wait to show you these background I made.
I love making cards but I don't like to make them so three dimensional that it costs more to the mail them.
Using Liquitex Super Heavy Gesso and Acrylic Inks I created really cool textured backgrounds in some fun colors. 
 
I don't have step by step pictures because I was playing and didn't know if it would work.
 
I cut mixed media paper to fit the front of the card.
I added the Believe Script stencil to the background with black acrylic paint.
Using a texture tool I spread super heavy gesso on the card and while it was still wet I dropped paint on and let it do it's thing.
 
Here is a close up.


 
On each card I added:
 
The Raven I stamped on mixed media paper, cut it out, used paint to add color and to add something different I used TCW stencils (sorry don't remember which stencils I used) to add designs to each bird.  I used a stamp from Red Lead Paperworks called Scary Stories with black archival ink and cut out the words and attached them to the card.
 
 
This one I dropped the inks and used the texture tool though the gesso.

 
 

 
This picture shows you the super heavy gesso still wet with inks.
If I remember I sprayed this with water to see what would happen.

 
 

 
They were so much fun to create.
Not at all my spooky colors I like to use.
 
Thanks so much for stopping by!
 
See more like my Facebook page
and you can also follow me on Instagram.






3 comments:

  1. Very cool!! So, did you stamp on that raven or is he a stencil?
    I just love all of that texture!! And what kind of inks did you use?
    I love playtime-must do it more often! heehee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jackie!! The Raven is a stamp from Tim Holtz Halloween Blue Print Stamps from Stampers Anonymous and the super heavy gesso and acrylic inks are Liquitex.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fabulous cards, Karenliz....you've got that glorious texturing down pat. LOVE the images!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I love to read your all your comments.

Karenliz