Thursday, July 4, 2013

TAG YOU'RE IT! HAPPY 4TH OF JULY

Welcome back to my next tag in my new series TAG YOU'RE IT!. If you would like to see my first tag you can go HERE.  Closing my eyes I picked this tag,  Let me tell you that this tag is old. I always left it last because I didn't know what I was going to do with it.

 
But knowing that I was posting this on Thursday and it is the 4th of July the Thank Yous in the background worked to my advantage.  The first thing I did was add some white paint to parts of the back ground.
 
 
My next step was adding red to the tag. I wanted to do stripes but I decided to use this stencil from Donna Downey Studios and my favorite acrylic paint. These paints are thick but I love to use them with stencils and I water them down too for acrylic washes or a watercolor look.
 
 
 
 
I used my stars stencil that I made. I was looking for different sizes of stars a long time ago but couldn't find what I needed. I used my computer to print out different sizes and traced them on the plastic and cut them out. 
 
 
I realized after I put on my first white stars with acrylic paint that the blue on the tag was spray ink. The blue ink started coming through the paint.  My trick for this is to spray on Krylon acrylic coating on the tag. 
 
 
This is my magic trick with spray inks because they react with water and anything wet can start them to run.  Sometimes I don't care if that happens but I wanted white stars. You can see the difference in the stars on my tag. The whiter stars are after I sprayed the acrylic coating.
 
 
As you can see that big star you can't see the blue through and it's nice and white. After this picture I was sort of stuck.  All of a sudden my mojo took a break.  Thank goodness for knocking over a box I found a scrap of grungeboard. So I used my stencil and made more stars and painted them white and blue.
 

 
 
I attached them to the tag and added red, white and blue ribbon. Here is the tag finished.
 
 
 
Thank you for stopping by for Tag You're It!
Happy Independence Day!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

Thank you so much for stopping by! I love to read your all your comments.

Karenliz