Thursday, February 9, 2012

Background Paper - Easy Peasy!

Hello! Today I'm going to show you how I make my background paper.  Please keep in mind that you can use anything to make background paper, paint, spray inks, stamps, stencils, pastels, acrylic inks, markers, etc.  This is just one example.

I make most of my papers on 12x12 watercolor paper. It can withstand everything you want to put on it.




To start I choose my colors which sometimes is very hard. I actually never used the distress stain.  



I sprayed the paper with a good amount of water and sprayed it with spray ink and then dropped blue acrylic ink on the paper.  Then sprayed it again with water to move everything around. I decided to let the water move the colors around and let it sit for a few minutes then dryed it with my heat gun.




Next I chose the rest of my colors to make the background. As you can see here I have a couple of tops from containers, a rubber wheel from a laser printer, and punchnella to help make the background.


Here is what it looks like using all the tools shown in the picture. After each layer of texture/color I use my heat gun and dry it before going on to the next step.


Using a Crafters Workshop template from Balzer Designs I add more layers of color/texture.



Pretty cool looking right? BUT not done yet. Needs something more.


It's needs some stamps. These are one of my favorite sets of stamps that I use all the time. I use Archival Ink with these stamps because the ink is waterproof.



FINISHED! What do you think? 




You can use the paper for cards, scrapbook pages, and anything else you can think of.  The one thing you can also do is scan your paper in and print it on cardstock at anytime so you can use it over and over again.

This is what I made with this paper. I took a small wooden frame and painted it with acrylic ink.


With some grungepaper, music paper, stamps and more ink added to the frame, I then added the background paper in place of a picture.




Here is the finished frame.

SOLD!

I hope you try making your own background paper.  It's so much fun.

Thanks so much for stopping by!




1 comment:

  1. You sure have been busy since I last was able to visit! I love these frames you've been making. The way you put the journaling hanging off of it is especially nice!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I love to read your all your comments.

Karenliz