Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Do you have a favorite stamp for Christmas?

ello!  When I start making holiday creations I'm drawn to snowflakes then to Santa. Right now I've been using Santa stamps from Tim Holtz.  I think it's the vintage look. I have five Santa stamps that I adore. I know two for sure that you can't buy anywhere.  As I make my Christmas gifts and post them here, I'm sure you will see all of my favorites.

This tag I created with one of Tim Holtz Santa stamps. I already had the paper (HOTP) glued to the tag and the trees (Tim Holtz) stamped on it. With a few paper scraps, stickers, punch and Santa it was complete.


The next tag I started then couldn't finish.  I used distress ink in aged mahogany and water on my craft sheet and pulled the tag through it and then I used a Crafters Workshop stencil and red metallic paint on the background. After I did all that I had a brain fart and my idea was gone. Don't you hate when that happens?  Anyway I put it down and started cleaning up my table when I found the snowflake border die from Memory Box and the trees stamp from Tim Holtz and now I had an idea to finish the tag. 


I think the color stopped me but now that I completed it I may do more in these colors.
The only thing I will change is the ribbon.  I found something nicer.

Thanks so much for stopping by!




2 comments:

  1. Wonderful tags, KarenLiz. I really like the second one - it does sometimes take awhile for a design to come together, but that one was worth waiting for.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I love to read your all your comments.

Karenliz