Sunday, September 12, 2010

Salutations!

When it's time to create, it's time for tea. I walk into my craft room, sit at my table, take a sip and start creating.

My daughter started her senior year in college. Boy, where did the time go?  To remind her that she can do anything I made her an ATC sized canvas. This canvas was made with Alice in Wonderland stamps and words from the movie.


The background was made by using watered down acrylic paints. I added the beaded flourish, Alice stamps, ribbon, and a button brad.  The ATC sized canvas is 2.5 x 3.5.

Once I finished, I was on a roll and created another Alice in Wonderland inspired piece of art.  This one was lots of fun to make.


I sanded down the frame then used acrylic and crackle paint on it plus added some distressed rock candy crackle on it.  The flowers are made from grunge paper.  Here are close ups of the flowers.



I cut this flower out of grunge paper and used distress inks for color and a flower brad.



This flower was also cut from grunge paper, stamped the flowers with an Alice quote, colored with distress inks and put together with a flower brad.

Nope, I'm not done. I stamped an extra Mad Hatter and had an ATC started that I stamped with circles and colored with gel pens. With all the bright colors it worked perfect for the Mad Hatter. 



Next time grab your favorite beverage, sit, relax and enjoy!  Thanks for stopping by!

Go Create and Be Extraordinary!                 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Karenliz! Great start to your blog and I love what you made. I really like grunge board as well, it sure makes a difference in the final result. Come visit me as well - I've become a follower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fantastic Karenliz! I love Alice in Wonderland...the Disney version. I haven't seen the re-make yet, but it looks good, so will do soon. I'm so glad you have started a blog.

    Feel free to let me know if you need a hand designing it. It took me a while to figure out how everything worked. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very Cool Karen,
    I'm very impressed with the entire page. You have certainly have found your groove and you are your mother's daughter. I can't wait to see more.

    Brenda

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I love to read your all your comments.

Karenliz