Sunday, September 19, 2010

Happy Halloween!

Halloween is my favorite holiday but I think because its the day my daughter was born. She decided to come nine weeks early and she weighed 3 lbs 1 oz but at 3:25 am. If she wasn't in such a rush maybe the time would have been 3:31 am!!!  Spooky?!?!

With a large cup of tea, I have been in my craft room making lots of Halloween items. I was on a roll today so this post will be a little long. First up, puzzle pieces. I painted them white a long time ago and for some reason they screamed Halloween.






The backgrounds were made by distress inks and Halloween stamps with archival ink. The two hanging bats  I found in my scraps. The ghost on the third puzzle is a button. I just cut off the loop on the back so it will glue flat.

I found this round clear cut frame from Yellow Bicycle and I knew I wanted to make a card from it. I love round cards.


Inside:


As you can tell in my cards this tree gets used a lot. I love this tree for some reason. It can be used for all seasons.

Supplies: Round white cardstock card, clear cut frame from Yellow Bicycle, Distressed Inks in Dusty Concord, Mustard Seed, Peeled Paint, Tea Dye and Fired Brick, Stamps: Stampin Up Branchin Out; EK Success Paper Punch for bats.

Next.....

This was a lot of fun to make. I wanted to work on a canvas piece and use grungeboard. I love Tim Holtz products as you see I use his distress inks all the time. I had quite a few pieces of grungeboard already painted, crackled, and embossed.  I was going to use it for another project until I found this canvas.



Supplies: Canvas is 3 3/4" x 4 3/4"; Grungeboard for Cat, "31", Scull, bats; Distress Stickles in Orange Marmalade ("31"), Black Soot (Scull); Distress Crackle Paint in Black Soot (Bats); Distress Embossing Powder in Black Soot (Cat); Paper is Martha Stewart Holidays "Vampire"; Alcohol Ink in Pearl (Ghost); Distress Inks in Spiced Marmalade, Frayed Burlap (Sun); Acrylic Paints in blue, black and gray.

Last but not least ...

This is my favorite card of the weekend. It was simple and didn't take very long.



Inside:


Isn't this a cool card? If I do say so myself! The background is paper from Memory Box Blackbird and all I did was stamp "Spooky Collage" on the paper and applied Distress Embossing Ink all over the top and embossed it in clear embossing powder.  See the close up below. It gives it a real nice look.



The other thing I added to the images before I embossed was adding Distress Ink in Fired Brick to add more color.

Supplies: Spooky Collage stamp; Paper - Memory Box Blackbird and black cardstock; Distress Ink Fired Brick and Embossing Ink.

Well I hope you had enough of your favorite beverage to sit, relax and look at all my creations. I'm out of tea! Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed it.

Go Create and Be Extraordinary!



2 comments:

  1. These projects came out so wonderful! Very Nice Job KarenLiz. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in love with the round card! Very creative!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I love to read your all your comments.

Karenliz