Monday, August 28, 2017

3rd Annual Art Sisters Retreat - Part 1

It's been three years since Jackie invited three strangers to her home to create art. We knew each other online but never met in person. I had friends asking tons of questions like this one, why would you go meet someone from online?  In truth you never know who anyone is online but I love their art how could they be so bad, right? Well, I found a loving second family in my art sisters and wouldn't give them up for the world. 

Jackie and her husband, Riley, spoil us rotten with fresh vegetables from their garden, delicious soup, breads, fruit, etc. 



You don't want for anything even our home away from home was nice and comfy. Our home this year was a bigger. So roomy and comfy especially my bed. I was worried because of my bad back but my bed was perfect! 


Jackie and Riley's property is gorgeous and inviting. Although the end of summer flowers there were still some gorgeous ones around. Natures art and a fairy garden too.












It's a magical place. Jackie is even a bird whisperer. It hit her window and with her magic got it to fly again.


There were even baby birds in a tomato plant too. 


She even has turkeys and they have a little bicycle. Maybe they use it for exercise!!!! 



I drive to Jackie's which is about six hours. I wish I was closer!! So the first afternoon we're just playing in our art journals. Here are few of my pages using new TCW  summer stencils, acrylic paints and Distress Oxide Inks. 

I will say they are all enablers and most of these journal pages were created with stencils and oxide inks. I must buy them now.






We all bring supplies to share plus a project to teach. Jackie shares so much as you can see by the piles on the her tables.





Chum loves his momma and loves to be with the girls. Guarding us and all our supplies!




If you stayed this far I'm thrilled and thank you!!! I'll have more on the art retreat in a few more posts.

Thank you so much for stopping by!!! I can't wait to show you  more about the 3rd Annual Art Sisters Retreat!

Wait until you see one of many projects we created!!!!


3 comments:

  1. :-D ...and a wonderful time was had by all,no doubt! Looking forward to more about this 3rd annual event!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful post focusing on our home Karenliz! Your photos came out stunning!!
    So glad to hear you had a good time!
    hugs and love sister,Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful post, Karenliz - I am totally envious of the time, company and retreat that you've had with Jackie and friends. xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I love to read your all your comments.

Karenliz