Sunday, March 13, 2016

Play time experiments

I love the colors of Ranger's Alcohol Inks and wanted to see if I can paint with them.

This is a piece of 5x7 Yupo.
With a brayer I added black India Ink

 

I placed the Trivet Remnant on the Yupo and took a baby wipe and took off the ink to see the stencil design.



Using a brush, I tried to paint on the alcohol inks but that didn't work. It dries fast to I can't get it to look nice. So I just dripped the inks on and let them dry.



It looks really cool. You can't tell from these pictures but the alcohol inks are glossy when dry. I'm not a glossy person so I'm not sure I like it. The India Inks aren't glossy but I do like using them with the India Inks and high flow acrylics.


As you play with supplies, you find out what you like and don't like. I do love using Yupo so there will be more experiments.



Thanks so much for stopping by!

The Crafter's Workshop provided me with stencils to create this project. The opinions I share are solely my own because I do love to use them.




1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous colors against that black Karenliz!!
    Hey are you sure Yupo is not using you to endorse their product? heheeeee
    love you sister!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I love to read your all your comments.

Karenliz