Wednesday, March 9, 2016

One Fish, Two Fish, Pink and Orange Fish?!?!

Hi Everyone! 

I've always be fascinated with Koi.
I love looking into the water and see all the colors.

This piece was created on mixed media paper, acrylic inks, water, and Koi Pond stencil from The Crafter's Workshop.



The background was created by spraying the paper with water and dropping acrylic paint into the water and watching it spread. I just continued until I like how it looked. Drying the layers in between.

Anytime I'm putting a focal image from a stencil on a cool background, I start by adding it with white paint. I do that so the colors on top remain nice and bright.



Before painting the Koi, I added the lily pads.


I'm hooked on fluorescent colors (Liquitex Soft Body) and these are the colors I used for the Koi. 




These fish have about three layers of paint.
I kept changing the colors back and forth.
I finally settled on these colors.




You see more of the background in this picture.



This piece is 11" x 14". 
I still have a few more things to add before I can say it's complete.
I do love it.



Thank you so much for stopping by!


2 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning Karenliz!! The background is reminiscent of Monet'!! And you truly captured the coloring of the Koi! I just love this piece- my new favorite! xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I love to read your all your comments.

Karenliz