Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Traveling with Art Supplies


 
Thanksgiving we were in Chicago to visit our daughter. She cooked a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner, we saw Wicked (excellent show), went to the movies and just hung out. It was a wonderful long weekend.

On our down time I can't just sit so I always travel with art supplies. I even bought a new carry-on with wheels so I can put what I need in it. I usually carry:

Art Journal
Faber Castell Pitt Pens and Big Brush Pens
Watercolors
Water Brush
Tags, Cards, Paper Scraps
Small Photographs
UHU Glue Stick
Unmounted Rubber Stamps
Washi Tape

Except for the art journal, tags and paper scraps everything fits in a small plastic case. I use the attached cover as my color mixer for the watercolors or the markers. This year my paper scraps were Christmas themed and I brought with me Stampers Anonymous/Tim Holtz Christmas Blueprint stamps. I made these cards.

 
 
I thought I would show you some close ups. I really love the way these came out. They seem very modern and different.
 
 
Not all trees are green!!!



The scrap of paper I used for the background just happened to have the perfect quote and it fit the card.

 
My daughter loves Nutcrackers so this may be her Christmas Card. Maybe!!

 
Love this color combo.

 
I decided to use the ornaments for this tree.

 
I love to fussy cut. I can sit for hours in front of the TV and cut images out of paper. Its relaxing for me.

 
I have two  more cards finished but I didn't get a chance to take a picture of them. I will put them in another post.  I'm swamped at work this week so I may not post again until the weekend but you never know what I may be able to squeeze in.
 
Thanks so much for stopping by!
 
Karenliz

2 comments:

  1. 1) Love how you used the blueprint stamps + scraps and made these fun, funky cards

    2) I had a long car ride home from class tonight and on the radio someone talked about having a pink tree with black & white feathers as her ornaments. Now I see your beautiful pink tree.

    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I love to read your all your comments.

Karenliz