Friday, April 27, 2012

Which way do I go from here?

Over the last 6 months I have been playing in many different mediums. I think maybe too many. Every time I try something new I love it. I was really hoping to hate something. Hoping to find my voice in art and go in some direction except my voice looks like a map and I'm lost.  Well maybe not lost but still searching.  The one thing I tried, loved, but frustrates me enough to walk away for a little while is assemblage.  I really don't have the knack for that and not enough stuff to put on a piece. I know I will go back to it and try it again.  I find I do love working on a canvas so far no bigger than 8x8 or 4x12. I started a 12x12 canvas but I keep going back to it putting on more paint or college then letting it sit and doing it all over again.  It's just a little big for me.

Right now I love to make cards; mixed media, love tags, collage, tried assemblage but I will walk away for right now; art journals, and calligraphy (not good at all!).  I want to try stamp carving, working with metal, and paper clay. The list can go on and on.

Do you have a favorite medium?
Are you still finding your voice in art?

Let me know! Leave me a comment!


I will leave you with a background I made on a journal page.  I still have used the page yet.



Thanks so much for stopping by!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! I love to read your all your comments.

Karenliz