Monday, March 14, 2011

Let Your Heart Have Wings!

Salutations! Grab a cup of tea, sit and relax.  I have another 2" x 2" canvas to show you. It looks like a fast project but I started it and had to put it down. It just needed something and I couldn't put my finger on it.


It was already painted with honeycomb acrylic paint, the grungeboard heart was painted with alcohol inks and the grungeboard wings were painted with picket fence distress crackle paint. I placed it on the canvas and it was just too plain, boring, yuck. You get the picture!  I then added red spray ink from Inkadinkado, vanilla acrylic paint with bubble wrap for the background.  Still needed something....WORDS and SPARKLE!  Once I attached everything to the canvas it all worked together perfectly.

I love quotes and words on projects. I also love the look of individual letters glued together to form words. What I do is to find a font that I like that will work well with everything and type up the alphabet (over and over) and print it on a piece of matte presentation paper.  Its thick like cardstock so there is substance to each letter. When I need to make words I cut apart the letters. Its not for everyone but I love working with tiny things so it works for me.

One more thing!  This is a birthday tag I made for my neice for her Sweet 16!  She is so hard to make a card for but I new she liked bright colors.  I was only giving her money so in the back is a money pocket. 


I hope you enjoyed both projects. I'm hoping to post more soon. I'm in the process of stopping everything I'm working on and and cleaning up my art room.  I can't see my table or the floor. It's a little overwelming right now so before I start anything I need a clean space.  Are you the same way? 

That's it for now! Thanks so much for stopping by!

Go Create and Be Extraordinary!




1 comment:

  1. Both projects are striking! I'm amazed at what you are doing with a 2x2 canvas!

    I wanted to let you know I have added your blog to my "blog list". Your creativity is an inspiration for me.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I love to read your all your comments.

Karenliz