Wednesday, September 25, 2019

How I Choose between Light & Regular Modeling Pastes

I love using all different kinds of pastes for my art. It adds dimension and texture. There are many different texture pastes out there but I generally always use two.  TCW's Light & Fluffy and Regular Modeling Pastes. They are quite different from each other. 

How I choose? I ask myself do I a solid or porous paste. To understand, please read I've explained their differences below:

TCW9004 Light & Fluffy Modeling Paste dries porous. It's full of tiny holes that hold color. I like to use it when I want saturated color because it all soaks into the paste. When it's dry, I use either a paint brush or a spray of water to re-wet the surface to add color. Too much water or paint it will lose the stencil shape. It turns into mush.

TCW9004 Modeling Paste dries solid. The paint, unless you mix it in the paste, will stay on the top of the paste. It doesn't soak into the paste. I love to use this when I'm using lots of paint. When it's dried completely it stays solid and doesn't lose its shape when you add lots of paint.

Here is a TCW Design Project where I used both pastes. The tree (TCW866 Cypress Tree) I used Light & Fluffy Modeling Paste but the landscrape in the scene is Modeling Paste. I wanted to use Light & Fluffy on the tree because I wanted saturated color. 



Do you use modeling pastes in your art? What is your favorite one to use? I would like to know.

If you want to see how I created this piece, head over to The Crafters Workshop blog.

Thanks so much for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! I love to read your all your comments.

Karenliz