Wednesday, January 10, 2018

A New Mixed Media Painting with Monoprints

Hello!
Do you have routine when you create a painting? I paint 98% of all my substrates with black gesso. I like the peak through of the black (if it shows) and the way it makes the colors pop.


 
 
95% of the time I cover the black with a color and scribble in the wet paint.



Love to scribble!
 


 
Then I start adding more texture. These lines were created with black paint on cardboard.




After that its whatever my muse wants me to do. This time I chose from my stash some leftover monoprints to add to it. I usually keep to a favorite color combination.



Of course, I had to add more scribbles and it's done!



Thanks so much for stopping by!



2 comments:

  1. Amazing! Love it when artists take time to photograph the phases and then explain their inspiration and processes just like you've done in this post. Did you give this mixed media painting a name? Teal-yella-green muse at 3/4 full....? This is terrific!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the process, both in photos and in thought...love this one especially for the yummy colour!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I love to read your all your comments.

Karenliz