Thursday, June 11, 2015

Life Is Good, when you can sleep: A Mini Art Journal Page

This mini art journal page was created because I couldn't sleep.
You know those nights were you fall asleep right away but then you are up every hour.
By the time 2:30 am rolled around I figured I needed to get up and do something.
So into my art room and pulled out my mini mixed media journal.
I started by using crackle paste through a stencil called Persian Gate TCW472 and when it dried I added some purple watercolor for the background.
I attached a small tag, butterfly, dried paint, and rub-on for words.


Here is a close up of the dried paint.
Every time I open the cap on the Liquitex Basics tubes I take off the dry paint.
I have a small bowl full of them.


The mini page only took about 30 minutes.
It was just what I needed to fall asleep.

Thanks so much for stopping by!


2 comments:

  1. This made me laugh out loud Karenliz, as I sent an envelope full to Becky as a joke one time!! Glad it was just what you needed- really sweet!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I love to read your all your comments.

Karenliz