Friday, February 20, 2015

Cardinals, The Only Red I Use

Weird title for a post, don't you think?
Let me explain.
My mother loved Cardinals. She loved birds.
Every time I see a Cardinal I think of her.
In my art I hardly use the color red.
When I do use it I usually mixed it with pink or orange.
Never alone except for Red Cardinals.
I pulled the Cardinal stamp out and new TCW stencil to use,


Although I used the Pinecones to add the background to my tag, I loved using the branches as embellishments. I used modeling paste with the stencil and then added inks; the paste soaked up the color. 


Attached everything to the tag (paper strips, string, glass beads) and finish it with a little string bow. 



Thanks so much for stopping by!





2 comments:

  1. WoW!!!! This is stunning! I hope you are thinking of enlarging this for a canvas or framed art for someone's wall! You've done an amazing job with using lots of techniques and textures! KUDOS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely beautiful Karenliz :) -- I love the meaning behind it, about your mother and cardinals. Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I love to read your all your comments.

Karenliz