Friday, February 21, 2014

A Collaberation of Fun!

I have always wanted to try to collaborate with someone to create some form of art.  With my love of stencils, paints, inks, paper, glue, and found objects who would collaborate with me? My god daughter, Cassidy, loves all that and more so while she was here we collaborated on three canvases. Two of the three canvas already had paints, inks, paper, etc. on them; the other was brand new.  Like many of us, its hard to start a blank canvas but I started these two and Cassidy started the last (a future post).

Collaborating with someone else is wonderful.  You feed off  each other's artistic energies and its amazing what happens. If you haven't tried it, DO IT!  I would love to do it again.

Today I'm going to show you two. One problem, we got so involved I don't have any before pictures. Sorry!

Here is the first one. Lots of stencils and stamps. This canvas was blank.


 
You are in luck. I found a before picture for the next one. Lots of stencils, modeling paste, paints, paper and spray paint (my new favorite after stencils). Before this it was painted with dark blue paint.
 
 
 
After many layers of paint, stamps, paper, modeling paste, stencils and washi tape.  This was a fun canvas. Cassidy would had tons of stuff and then I would cover part of it with something else. If you look at the large circle on top, Cassidy glued down the dried paint that sticks under the cap. I never thought of using dried paint before but I will do it again. I was the one to paint it all black. I have a hand made stencil of circles that I used and then I didn't think about it and just painted it black. You should have seen her face! We both decided that it looks pretty cool in the end.

 
Have you collaborating with some one before?
Try it!
 
Thank you so much for stopping by!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! I love to read your all your comments.

Karenliz