Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Spark of Art-spiration from Carolyn Dube

Carolyn Dube is a mixed media artist and her creations are colorful and full of paint. Please go check out her blog, Carolyn Dube, A Colorful Journey.  When you subscribe to her newsletter you receive a a special Spark of Art-spiration which is a piece of her art work or a sketch that you can use in your art. April's newsletter included a mermaid sketch from her daughter. Here is what I made in my journal.

 
I printed two mermaids and fussy cut the sketch and turned it upside down because it looked like she was diving back in the water.  I decided to only use the tail from the second print to show a mermaid already in the water. I used stencils and spray paint for the back ground, torn music paper and acrylic paints for the water. This was lots of fun. This is the first time I have had time to use her Spark!  Subscribe to her newsletter you never know what you may find!
 
Thanks so much for stopping by!
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! I'd frame it and hang it on my wall!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the playfulness of this! Your stenciling in the sky and the musical water create a magical place for her to swim!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I love to read your all your comments.

Karenliz