Sunday, February 27, 2011

Lots of Creativity!

Salutations!  Welcome back.  Well this was another weekend where so many ideas were floating in my head I actually had to start writing them down!  As you can see from previous entries I've been into mixed media quite a bit and when I walked into an art supply store and their canvases were all 40% off I filled my basket with many different sizes.  So with a large cup of tea in my hands I headed to my art room to create some art.

This canvas I want to show you is 3"x5" artist canvas panel. I couldn't decide what I wanted to do but thought it would be perfect if I stamped a backgroud. I chose Heartfelt Creations Daisy Patch background stamp and colored the flowers in with Prismacolor markers (lilac and violet), stickles (starry night), and with an aqua pen added lovely liliac.  To make the white flower I stamped Heartfelt Creations Daisy Patch flowers on white card stock and colored in with Sakura Gelly Roll Pen in clear star and added a brad in the middle. The sentiment is a stamp from Hero Arts. 


I love the way it came out. Everyone knows I love to make flowers so these stamps are perfect.  My next creation is a tag. I had so much fun making this one.  I used a Cuttlebug emobssing folder called Typeset and embossed a manilla tag.  I then used distress inks (marmalade, dusty concord, fired brick, broken china, frayed burlap and mustard seed) to color the tag.  I had a clear acrylic flower that I colored with alcohol inks (acqua, sailboat blue, wild plum, and pink sailboat) and attached a metal word stick from Tim Holtz Idea-ology and added them to the tag with string.  The flower I made from HFC Daisy Patch stamps and played with different ink sprays to color them.  The Tim Holtz Idea-ology Adage Tickets were shaded with distress inks and attached.



I love playing with inks especially distress inks. They are so much fun.  As I said before I love to make my own flowers. Prima flowers are gorgeous but sometimes I just want something different. This time I used alcohols inks (acqua, stream, pearl, silver) to add color to plastic.  Then I used black archival ink to stamp Outlines Rubber Stamps Flowers to the plastic and cut them out. To make them misshapen I used my heat gun and when they are hot its very easy to bend and shape the plastic.  I used brads and stickles to add a little sparkle.  The purple flower was stamped with Heartfelt Creations Daisy Patch flowers, cut out and I added a brad for extra sparkle.


Well, I'm off to create more art. If I get anything else finished maybe I will post it later this week.  Thanks so much for stopping by!

Go Create and Be Extraordinary!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! I love to read your all your comments.

Karenliz